Friday, October 30, 2009

Sinus Infection confirmed and other news

Actually it might just be inflammation, my doctor didn't actually call it an infection.  But you can kind of see that above my left eye there is a puffiness and some swelling from super grody sinuses that isn't above my right eye which is why I get bad headaches and feel kind of crappy of late. 
 
And Donald will be pleased to note that she didn't even suggest antibiotics as a remedy.  She immediately got me a big prescription (with a refill in the next year) for some serious decongestant with anti-histamine, so I should be able to clear this up and be ready for the next time my sinuses fill more fiercely than the usual over the counter meds can take care of.
 
In the other news, I went to the taping of "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me: The NPR News Quiz" with Sallyacious last night because Luke Burbank (a guest on the panel and the host of my favorite imaginary radio show-that means podcast-TBTL) gave them to me!  I was his VIP guest!!  We sat in the front row (right in front of the audience mic, so you might even hear me).  It was a super funny version of the show with Luke and Julia Sweeney and Ask Aimee (Dickenson) as the panel.
 
Plus I went up and met him after the show, and he was super nice and funny and really really cool.  He gave Sally a hard time about being an eleven and not a ten, but I will start guiding her towards episodes and segments that I think she would really like (because some of the show not really up her alley).
 
It was an awesome end to a day that started with me waking up to no alarm after I was supposed to be at work in a week where Sam and I had been having difficulties (see previous posts, those things continued to be a challenge) and I had been suffering from terrible sinus headaches and some insomnia.  A good laugh and a big surprise were just what I needed, and when I met him afterwards he told me that he picked out of the list, someone he thought would be fun and would really enjoy going, so he even picked me which is a wonderful feeling!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Actually, I am listening to today's podcast as I type this. Chicken Heart is going to kill me. I can't get past the science. "The end has come for humanity... That creeping, grasping, grey flesh below us." I am LAUGHING. could it really have scared anybody?

Turns out this is awesome to listen to while I'm doing dishes.