Friday, October 16, 2009

Should I get ice skates--Also why have I not posted in forever?

No particular reason. I just didn't. I felt like I had nothing to muster up into a thing. Not even that much twitter wise. Also I got in trouble at work. Trouble over, hopefully for good. It was weird and ridiculous and now I am glad that it is over. On to better blogging. (PS Jim I am thinking I maybe sort of want to ChiMoWriMo, NaNoWriMo, so maybe press me to that).

In about 4 weeks the ice rinks in Chicago open up, for free! Well there are some in Chicago land that are not free, but two downtown near my office are free until March or April when it gets warm and they close them down. Skate rental is not free. But if I buy some ice skates I can go whenever I want.

It seems I can get some skates for right around $50 (which is about 6-10 trips worth of skating) but will I skate if I have them. I could keep them at work. It is a short bus trip away, but I will always be skating by myself. Well not by myself, but I have no skating buddy. I wonder if I could get sara jo to get skates with me? Or better yet, I should have Natalie or my mom look into skates from around there, used ones and get them at Thanksgiving.

I want to go skating. I want to go more. I should get them right?

6 comments:

Sally said...

I have already signed up for ChiMo/NaNoWrimo. And I don't have a CLUE what I'm going to write. But if you do it too, we can do write-ins together and word wars and all KINDS of fun stuff.

Heather K said...

Well, all right. Jimmers wants to do it, Sally is in. I guess I have to be in. Yikes.

Sally said...

It's FUN. I promise. 30 days of creative energy that will knock your socks off.

chrissy. said...

if you think that getting the skates will motivate you to go out and skate more, why not?

Heather K said...

I was just about to comment on how no one was answering the skates part of the question. Thanks Chrissy.

Anonymous said...

Heather! I have always wanted to go ice skating...but have yet to go since I've been in the city...I will TOTALLY go ice skating with you. Now me buying a pair of skates might have to wait until I know if ice skating is something my awkward body can actually do!

- SJ