Thursday, February 02, 2006

What do you get a boy for Valentine's?

I am not really sure. I don't think it should be expensive since we haven't been together all that long (and also I am poor), but I don't want it to be generic. Last night we were at a music store, and he was looking at some claves (cylindrical pieces of wood that are percussion somethings) but decided it wasn't quite worth it to buy just now, so I was thinking I would go back there and buy him some. They are in the $10-20 range, but they also show I pay attention to him, and they will be useful--I hope.

I was also thinking I would get whatever the gift is plus a card to Emily before I leave for Washington, so that she can give him the present at school on the morning of Valentine's Day. That would be good huh? Forethought and kind of a surprise--because he knows I don't get back until the afternoon of Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Jim said...

You should send him flowers, too. Boys don't get flowers often enough when girls don't realize that we'd actually enjoy them. Maybe send them later in the day to show that not only had you planned ahead, but you thought of him the day of, too.

Heather K said...

hmmmm, that is a good idea. My brother made my dad start giving him flowers too (when he was in high school becuse my dad used to send them to us girls when we were in plays or a sports season was ending). Flowers.