Sunday, November 26, 2006

Closing

I closed with two managers and another associate and it still took until forty-two minutes after the hour. Seriously, Keith manages to slow Laura the caffeinated wonder down! Amazing. We only got out of there early because Laura was there. It was ridiculous. Also the day started with me finding a dirty diaper sitting on a chest of drawers at work.

Someone changed their kid's diaper and closed it all up and left it on a piece of furniture. In the middle of the store!!!!! The wrongness of this is kind of overwhelming. Who does that? Really? That was the kind of people I got today. It was long, long, and very long, and it was a busy day. How busy days get long, I do not know.

5 comments:

Jim said...

First!

Margaret said...

The diaper- leaving customer isn't one you'd expect at Pier 1. That's more of a Wal-Mart characteristic, don't you think?

Heather K said...

I thought so, but what do I know? Seriously a dirty diaper.

Anonymous said...

that's amazing. people seriously amaze me every day.
"this salmon tastes too much like fish!"
"how big is the 8X10 photo?"
"i'm going to kill you and feed your soul to my dark lord satan!"
seriously, these people are just out of control.

Anonymous said...

They probably just forgot the diaper. When you're out with a squirmy baby and an armful of stuff it's easy to forget and lose things.

But that would mean that they changed the baby's diaper on the dresser. I don't know.

I've found a lot of strange things at Wal-Mart but never a diaper. Last week I found a pair of worn out school-marm chunky heels under one of the Christmas counters. Either she opened a new pair, put them on and stole them or she felt like getting footloose.

They were also very stinky.