Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Things to ponder regarding netflix

If netflix sends me a movie from California, it takes the better part of four days to make the journey. When I send a netflix movie back to California (for real, instead of cheating and slipping it into a Chicago-Netflix sleeve I have lying around the house--after finding it after I had lost it and sent two movies back in one sleeve), it gets there in two freaking days. Is it the time change? Is that what makes it move faster that direction? Does it literally lose two days instead of just two hours like the rest of us? I mean, seriously?

If I could live without my netflix, things like this might make me swear off it for good. But we all know that is never going to happen. I am shaking my fist angrily at their big red envelopes. Now I am going to check my queue to see what lies they are going to tell me about when the next disc of West Wing Season 6 is going to arrive (or apocryphal season 2, the one where the President breaks Leo's heart--literally and figuratively because this is TV and we can do that here).

Also, apparently my scary recall of Sorkin TV series episodes and factoids freaks people out. Specifically it freaks Alan out, but he lives with Sherman so perhaps I can go with the argument, "what the fuck does he know anyway?" Did I mention Alan likes to get name-checked in blogs. Name check that Alan.

P.S. I am not as angry at Alan as the aforementioned sentences may lead you to believe, and Alan is the most likely to know that.

P.S. Part II: Is it odd that the blog spell check does not recognize the word blog?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was pretty happy to see a fragment of our conversation mentioned in the latest installment. and, as much as i like seeing my own name on the computer screen, it's not so much necessary to keep putting it up there. (i'm really trying not to come off as vain. and your mentioning that i like to be "name checked" is really not helping that situation.) it's not like ol' uncle al needs to see his name (Alan) on the screen all the time.

also, weirdest part of living with sherman to-date: 3am bratwurst cooking while watching 'mr. and mrs. smith' on dvd.

Heather K said...

So, I also managed to get 3 movies today from nearby IL and WI instead of Chicago. I didn't assume that I would get them today because if they had come from Chicago, I don't think they would have arrived.

Heather K said...

Seriously, people think you are vain?

Have they seen your hair?


Just remember that I love you Alan.

BTW the human-check letters I had to type in to post this are 'bjbox' and that made my inner middle school boy laugh his ass off.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha!
bj box!
my inner 26ish year old man laughed.
also, most of my hair has left, though i try to retain it.
hmmm. now i don't know if you are aware of this fact, and mocking me, or if you are referring to my previous amazing whiteboy afro.
either way, i will now, in public, refer to your double nose. i'm sorry, but it had to be done.
any more hair comments and i will resort to diagram drawing.

Heather K said...

I was referring to your previous whiteboy afro, and I am sorry if it has left with no hope of return. But bringing out the double nose? That's just cold.