Sunday, July 15, 2007

Dress shopping: it works better with girlfriends

If for no other reason then as my dear Anna Schlegel says, "You can do a montage!" At the adorable Andersonville boutique I was at, they had the perfect place for it. There was a couch right in front of the dressing rooms and the three way mirror.

I finally (!) got a fantastic dress for the wedding. I will be killer. It is cute, and a little bit 40's/50's style--in the way cute cotton sundresses are lately. It has a floral print that is not too flowery with browns, blues, hints of red, peach and green on a white background with red bands on the bottom of the just below the knee skirt, the cute (and amazingly placed so that they are flattering) pockets and the neckline (it has spaghetti straps), plus a bow that ties in the back made of the same fabric as the dress to be subtle, and there are soft pleats that make the skirt really full. I also bought a long string of shiny red beads to wear with it, borrowed turquoise pumps (with a flower on them) from Anna to wear (they are naturalizers, fit well, and will be totally danceable), I can wear my little boxy brown jacket if it is cold (or a cream shawl), and I will carry a little red clutch. Stacy and Clinton would be so proud. Do not worry, pictures of me in the dress will come later (and maybe even sooner then that pictures of the dress). Plus it just fits perfect. The fug girls would ask me where Lily Allen took me shopping for my fabulous frock. I would get a well-played in this. I haven't been this excited about a dress since my first communion dress. It is that amazing (my first communion dress eschewed all of the crazy frills and poofiness of all my friends and was basically a sailor dress in all white, it was awesome, I would wear something just like it if I had it now).

Last night, I went to a dinner party and got very, very drunk (for which I blame Jeff Davis--it was his party--and my last drink of the night, a tumbler of vodka, chambourd, and champagne with a twist of lime. Although I do recall some conversations with Anna Schlegel where she may have started a fan club of me or something. But I would easily start a fan club for her. She amazes me. I don't know how you can be a smart, funny, talented, good-natured, ass-kicking, and brilliant as she is all the time and still have time for sleep. I don't get it. She rules. Plus she is somehow making my roommate come out of her shell. That rules too. My roommate does not realize how awesome she is, but she should.

No comments: