Friday, July 06, 2007

The Tale of the Terribly Frightening Girl

Subtitle of my life story, or so it seems lately. I feel like people from all over my life are waiting until way to freaking late to tell me stuff I probably needed to know sooner then I did. None of it is awful. Some of it is quite abrupt. Some of it requires nearly immediate action, but often immediate action after decision making--decision making that might take some serious thought. Much of it I feel I heard later then I needed to.

I could be wrong. These people could be telling me this random amounts of news as soon as they know it, but I am pretty sure there is some lag time. It is all fairly straightforward, so why can't people just tell me? None of it is really significant secret talk stuff. I don't think any of it that would make me explode. I can be a rational person, and I tend to not take things out on others indiscriminately. Am I really as scary as all that to tell things to? Really? Plus it all plays into fears that I already have about being a scary ogre of a person. This is crap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You aren't a scary ogre of a person. I think you're actually a very easy person to talk to, and you roll with the punches quite well, so I have no fears about speaking to you re: issues what need addressing.

I hesitated with some news simply because I wasn't sure it was any of my business. You know me. I hate telling tales out of school. But if I thought you needed to know something, I would tell you. As I did.

Heather K said...

I love you Sally because I was so not even talking about you.

Actually, I almost included that the lovely thing about the people I went to U of I with is that they never seem to get into this craziness--perhaps as a result of animals or Paul's class. U of I theatre types just spill it when it occurs to them.

No this crap has to do with work and little things, like my best friend's birthday party. And a few other things I have found out way more recently then the 'I am a dirty mistress' business.

Margaret said...

Are you hanging around with Joe? As Robyn can tell you, he frequently drops stuff on her at the last minute. Robyn, stories!