Sunday, July 01, 2007

Marathon of fun: where I sunburn one half of each of my knees

Yeah, I very badly sunburned one half of each of my knees yesterday in Grant Park. I also got my arms a little red, but that seems to be browning up. The knees hurt like a bitch! I had aloe and vinegar on them all night.

However, they got sunburned watching some Kenny freaking Rogers live in concert in the park during Taste of Chicago. Kenny Rogers is down home good country people--complete with quaint stories to prove it. It was good to hear/see him, even if we were way far away. It was fun. Tasting all the things at the taste was good too. My favorite was the "grilled wings with pesto aioli." They were super yummy.

Then we threw Janna a going away party in our lovely backyard that was comfortably cool and not humid. It was great, lots of people came. There was drinking. A teacher friend of Janna decided that phone boyfriend is my "future ex-husband" which got big laughs last night, and some big laughs right now still. That is some funny.

My brother went home. He should be almost back in California now. It was wonderful having him around. However the marathon is not quite over because in a few more hours, I am going with Jon and Sara to pick up Luke and Jamie. Woo hoo.

No comments: