Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Marathon of Fun: it's finally over

And I topped it off with a nap. I could've gone downtown and watched John Mayer in concert for free today, but it would be crowded and sweaty, and I am freaking done. Stick a fork in me people. Whew! Now I have a little less then three weeks to recuperate before I go vacation my little heart out.

Yesterday there was work and then drink or dare jenga. That game was totally awesome! We had a blast. I wore my pants backwards, Sara Jo and Shannon (a male) switched pants, Luke ate a spoonful of flour, Anna sang "Oh Canada" in the middle of the backyard at the top of her lungs pretty late, and we drank A LOT. I lost the first game and drank some pretty nasty shit out of a cup (everyone's drinks mixed together). Anna sang because she lost round 2. It was way fun.

Pictionary was the next game, and Luke and I are an awesome team. We got the most ridiculous things right in a unbelievably short amount of time. And then we won. It was pretty funny, especially because drunk Anna and Jamie were in awe of our mad partner skills.

This morning we all got up and breakfasted together, and we sent the kids back off to the airport.

Then I went home and napped and read some Harry Potter. Now I am watching Mythbusters. Later there will be movies. Awesome.

9 comments:

Jim said...

"Now I have a little less then three weeks to recuperate before I go vacation my little heart out."

... I'm going to mail you a blunt object; when you get it, would you throw it at yourself?

Amy and I played pictionary yesterday, as well. The people we played with, though, had played like a thousand times, so they kept listing out the answers that they knew from the cards. It seemed a little unfair.

Heather K said...

That totally sounds unfair.

My vacation will be exhausting. In fact, I can garauntee it will be harder then work because, unlike work, it just won't stop for nine days.

Plus, it is like my only vacation. I worked through most of marathon of fun.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you have today to recuperate.

Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Good for you.

Jim said...

Alright, I'll let you off the hook. This time. Next time, though; it's blunt object city!

So where are you going for vacation?

Heather K said...

I am going home. I will land in Portland, OR on Friday. Spend Saturday driving to a wedding in Twin Falls, Idaho (an eight hour drive). Wedding it up Saturday night. Get up and drive back on Sunday. Monday through Thursday in my hometown. Friday and Saturday in Portland, OR with friends, and fly back to Chicago at the ass crack of dawn on Sunday.

Its not like I am going to some Carribean island or anything.

laurenj said...

I AM GOING TO BE IN PORTLAND OR. OVER A SATURDAY AND SUNDAY IN A FEW WEEKS!!!!!! WHAT IF IT WERE THE SAME WEEKEND!?!?!?!?!? CRAZY!!!!!! If it's the last weekend of July, then it's also Portland Brewfest weekend (not why I'm going but a very very happy coincidence). If you were there we could get brews together!!!!!

Heather K said...

I will be there the 27th/28th!!!

That is the last weekend in July!!!!!!!

This is SOOOOOOOOOO cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter spoiler:

Ron and Hermione finally go "all the way," which they then celebrate by fulfilling their murder/suicide pact, in what is the most romantic night ever.

Heather K said...

tbert, that is not nice at all.