Monday, August 06, 2007

Ambi-typterous

I noticed the other day at work that I can use a calculator just as quickly with my non-dominant hand as with my dominant one. My calculator sits to the left of me (well the physical one I use, I also usually have one open on my computer), and I noticed that at some point I stopped reaching across with my right hand to use it and started just using my left to operate it. This means I am using my mouse with my right hand and being all kinds of efficient office girl.

Who knew? I can barely make my left hand function most of the time. It is like the Boo Radley of my hands, but it sneaks out to save the day just when you least expect it.

(Although, now that I think of it, I could always switch hit back in my middle school slow pitch softball days.)

2 comments:

Jim said...

I can do this, too. What I actually do, though, I find much more convenient: I use the mouse with my left and do the calculator type stuff with my right.

"Switch hit" I don't know why that sounds dirty, but it does.

Heather K said...

It totally sounds dirty, and I thought about that switch, but there is a phone and I have the computer calculator, so the few times a day I use the physical one makes the switch way more of a hassle.

I wonder if like texting and stuff made us like this?