Tuesday, November 06, 2007

People, people, people

In town. My sister's roomie is in town, and Sam is helping me be a wonderful tour guide. They came to my show last night, and then we went out to hear some live music and drink some martinis which was fun (but I was pretty tired after my post-show wired wore off). Tonight we are going out again, but I must first visit my polling place to vote and return a movie to blockbuster and hug my cat a little. Tonight we are going to a dueling piano bar that is apparently the most fun ever--Sam loves it and the guests are psyched.

Also, my friend Jamie and I wrote a drinking game to go along with a DVD of the truly horrid version of A Chorus Line I was in during grad school (because I know I am the first person you think of when you think professional Broadway dancer--and sadly I was one of the more like Broadway professional dancer in our cast). This weekend it is going to be put to use. Jamie and I tell my roommate about it all the time at work and Sam has heard it from Anna and I too--so Sam and Renee get introduced to it this weekend. It should be pretty funny.

Here are the rules: (Please note Susan played "Cassie" and Amanda was our choreographer--she had only 1 and 1/2 arms and played the role of the assistant choreographer in the show)

A Chorus Line: The Drinking Game




 Half of the people are odd numbers half even numbers, drink every time one of your numbers is called

 Anytime Amanda tries to demonstrate a dance move with a hand or arm that doesn’t exist, take a shot

 Every time Susan/Cassie does her wavy hand gesture

 Anytime someone claims to be of a race they clearly are not or participates in a racial stereotype, take a drink.

 Drink if they reference someone famous from the past.

 Drink if they reference a member of their family, two drinks if it isn't a parent

 Anytime someone references sex or a human body part, drink


If you are familiar with the show, you can see how we might get bad shitty real fast!

In lieu of contest, please try to quote lyrics from as many songs from A Chorus Line as possible without repeating a song.

5 comments:

RGC said...

1) One! Singular Sensation, every step that i take (don't know the rest)

2) Tits and Ass!

3) Trrrrrrryyyyyyy!!!!! (i think that is what they sing when they are talking about the drama teacher telling them to reach inside and bring out their inner ice cream cone or something!)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of which, guess who adjudicated Clean House? (Hint, she's not crazy.)

And really, she seems much closer to well-balanced than I've ever seen her. Being away from here must be good for her.

Anonymous said...

this makes me happy!
i miss your face! and i wanna play!!!

Margaret said...

I can see you all getting hella drunk on that game!

1. Step, kick, kick, leap, kick touch- again! "repeats" Turn turn touch down back step, pivot step walk walk walk.

2. So I dug right down to the bottom of my soul, to see how an ice cream fe-elt! And I dug right down to the bottom of my soul, and I triiied! To meelt!

3. And I'm going to be this kindergarten teacher- Imagine me, a kindergarten teacher- And I thought, shit! (shit, Ritchie!)

4. A diaphragm, a diaphragm! I thought a diaphragm was up here! Where you breathe...

I can probably quote lyrics from all the songs. Name me a song. I'm not even cheating here, I just know Chorus Line. :)

Heather K said...

I heart that you actually quoted the dance steps accurately. That is awesome!