Monday, January 19, 2009

Lauren, Lauren, Lauren

I blame you.  I blame you for corrupting my days with TBTL or its full title Too Beautiful To Live at Seattle area talk radio show that airs at night, but that I download from itunes and listen to on my ipod.  It is led by Luke Burbank who would be familiar to you if you are a big fan of "Wait, Wait . . . Don't Tell Me an NPR news Quiz" because he appears on it and does hosting duties when Peter Sagal is on vacation.  I have liked him on there for quite a while.  And Lauren kept raving about this show and how wonderful it is, and I bit.  I downloaded it one day and in hour one I was like eh, this kinda sucks, and hour two I was like well it doesn't suck but it isn't as wonderful as Lauren says, and hour three I was like motherfucking Lauren I like this.  Dammnit.  However, did I mention the three hours were just 1 days worth of this show.  Thank God I listen to podcasts at work otherwise this might ruin my sleep.
 
Ummm, yeah, so I also kind of reccomend it, and I want to go to their roller skate party on the 30th of January and yeah.
 
Also I have worked out quite a bit this weekend and my legs hurt.  They hurt.  They hurt kind of a lot.  BUT I am 1/4 of the way to the 5% initial buy myself an itouch as a reward goal (because then I can get the thingy that goes in my shoes and tracks my workout and stuff.  Which means I lost 2 pounds since initial weighing.  Only 14 more to go to 10% and 6 more to go for the 5%.  I have also saved $50 towards the purchase of said future itouch.
 
And as for rough patch of last week's bemoaning, considerable progess has been made towards returning to smoother patches, good progress.

1 comment:

laurenj said...

Yeah, pretty soon you won't be reading or calling family members or watching the news, because TBTL will take up all of your free time. It's glorious. Who needs real friends when you have jen and luke?