Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh kitty!

My cat has been odd lately. A lot more cuddly than usual, but I think that may be related to kitty anxiety. Steve McQueen has a bad or sad lonely day and then ambushes us for cuddles when we come in the door after work. He also leaves a puddle of cat hair on the couch. He is such a weirdo. But I guess more snuggling is better than no snuggling. Or less.

Unrelated, lately I feel like I have learned lately that I seem to be a head of or an early adopter of some trends, but I think this is pure accident. Well and lots of unfettered internet access with some time to use it everyday to relieve the slog of the workday. So I twitter (a little not on my phone) and I have a collection of reliable bloggers who find cool pop culture and political tidbits, and I look in on them at lunch and in lulls, so I tend to know stuff pretty quickly. This is very weird to me becuase I generally feel like I am the last one to know about everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve hasn't always been the only kitty in the place like he is now, right? So he's probably very lonely and that's why he's snuggling. Though, you know, I am constantly draped in cats who are always annoyed that they aren't the only cat on me, so it's not ALWAYS about being lonely. Sometimes it's about being the warmest piece of furniture in their house.

Heather K said...

I think that it may be a reaction to some construction work around the building. It had gone away and then come back, and I think he was not okay with the return. He generally seems pretty okay with being an only kitty since he mostly only used the other kitty as a chewtoy and we still provide him with those.