Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Busiest Day Off Ever!

Seriously, it was just going to be my date day with Sallyacious and like make dinner and still get to sleep in. But oh no, I couldn't stop at that.

First things first, I am getting a mani-pedi at 9:30am at a nearby salon with a grand opening and a GREAT discount (get a pedi and get a free mani) which will be great for the wedding I am attending this weekend (also nice for my peace of mind).

Then I will have about half and hour to speed walk my way to Charnley-Persky House to get in line for a free tour. It is an early collaboration of Louis Sullivan and Frank Lloyd-Wright and free on Wednesdays if you are one of the 15 people who get in line on time.

Then we will walk around the corner and down the street for the museum of surgical science that has a cool exhibit on pictures of medical things like germs and stuff. I am not actually sure what the exhibit is, but it sounds super cool, and Sallyacious really wanted to see it.

Then at 4:30pm I have a NIA class several blocks south of where we were and west of my house. NIA is this crazy dancy, free style, kind of aerobic stretchy, movey sort of exercise class that I started taking Idaho but haven't taken since I moved here. I either found them too expensive or impossible to get to while working, rehearsing, etc. Anyway, this class is nearby and on my Wednesdays off, and something I really should do to get me moving more (because I kind of think my recent weight gain and a few other health things are due to stress which I fed with food and then that made me more sedentary etc, and if I just get moving it will help me climb out of this rut). I plan to go every Wednesday in September.

Finally, I will have to hit a grocery store on the way home from that to pick up some sour cream and tortillas for some enchiladas that I will make when I get home. They will be dinner, black bean enchiladas. Maybe I will try to bake them with peach slices on top? Only if I have some seriously kicky green chiles (although I could add some cayenne to the sauce) so the heat and the sweet can balance out.

Now I am just rambling on. I can stop that now.

2 comments:

Sally said...

OOooh! NIA. What a lovely bit of frolicking for you! I'm jealous of the mani-pedi.

I had something more to say, but it's gone now. I expect I'll just say it to your face when I see you instead. If I ever remember

Sally said...

Wasn't the Surgical Science Museum awesome and horrifying and fascinating? Great day.