Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh Emmy's

Following a live blog of it as I watch it live, but live sucks because of the commercial breaks, but perhaps I ought to make a root beer float. That would make everything better.

I have a big stack of books to read over the next few weeks. I am halfway through Jennifer Wiener's Best Friends Forever and Twilight: Breaking Dawn. Breaking Dawn is still pretty bad as I feel they mostly all have been, shoddily written, shoddily plotted and it takes an eternity for anything to happen plotwise-an eternity where the lead characters a pretty insufferable and deliberating about doing something that never ends up being a surprise even if they whine a lot in advance.

Right after those I have The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder by the lady who wrote the Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. And Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Just to add a couple of lovely reads to your list:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (Brilliant. Sweet. Witty. Wonderful.)

and

The Uncommon Reader: A Novella by Alan Bennett (Short. Funny. Unexpected.)

chrissy. said...

it was kinda fun to be on twitter watching it, kind of like we were just yelling comments at each other across the room!

Heather K said...

Yeah it was! I was on a live blog with other people like that too, made the show way better.

Sally the first one is already on my to be read list, but probably after I get the last ep of the ville up and running in november. I will add the other to my good reads to be read.