Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day Off

And it is really quite off today, as I have to spend most of it waiting for the RCN cable people to get here to make my AMC work on the TV that tivos (so it will be able to tivo Mad Men).

It will also be a day of cleaning (which is mostly done, please ignore the dishes) and of catching up on the Tivo and some Netflix and some reading.

Last night I saw my friend Azar's production of Top Girls (she directed), and it was pretty flippin sweet. She had some good kiddos working in it, a great lead actress, and wonderfully simple and inventive stage pictures considering she did the show in a classroom where she had to remove the entire set and lighting each day. Go Azar!

Ooooooh, forgot the major looking forward to tonight: Rick Bayless (THE Top Chef Master)'s fine dining Mexican Restaurant Topolobampo. I am sure I will have lots to write about later.

Oh, and we got a scale. In order to keep better tabs on the weight which is out of my optimum range and needs to get back into it, but I was thrilled to discover that I have lost about 6 pounds from when I was the heaviest. I kind of figured that from how clothes were fitting, but I still need to slim down a bit more for my healthiness.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Congrats on the weight loss. That's awesome. And hard to do, so good for you!

I'm going to see Top Girls tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Jim said...

So, Heather, NaNoWriMo is coming up ... you game?

Heather K said...

Jim--ask me later in October, but I am maybe game.