Friday, September 25, 2009

Fabric Shaver Extrodinaire

I bought one on amazon. It seemed kind of expensive thinking of the little handheld wheezy battery operated one that my mom used to have, but this one was able to plug into the wall which I thought made it worth it if you factored in buying batteries a couple of times.

And then it came in the mail and was ENORMOUS, twice as big as my hand as opposed to small enough to fit inside the palm of it (a fabric shaver is a little devices with screened blades and a bit of a vacuum that shaves the pills of of sweaters and other fabrics, extending their lives and making them look much nicer). It also has some major suction and is clearly a great cutter! The one I recall from my youth barely cut things, but this puppy is a whiz. It took me 5 minutes to breathe new life into two very pilly cheap ass cardigans (well one cheap ass and one nice), and I haven't even introduced it to my cashmere sweater yet! I am in heaven.

Next to arrive from amazon a scale and a thing that will help remove cat hair from couches, carpet, fabric and upholstered furniture!

Also, I think that I am going to need to buy a nice compact, unbreakable, good quality, easy digital camera. Because I think Sam and I are on the verge of major wedding planning, and I am going to get hard core about wedding blogging. Miss Creant at your service.

Oh, also should get it to document and blog tomorrow's big day. We are doing a scavenger hunt based on the Daniel Burnham Plan for Chicago through WBEZ here in Chicago (home of This American Life and Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me the NPR News Quiz). It should be totally fun even if it rains all over our parade like it is supposed to.

4 comments:

Heather K said...

OK, will not be buying a digital camera. Apparently Sam has one. He just never uses it because he doesn't take pictures, and he needs to find/purchase a new charger for it. So we will be doing that.

Sally said...

A new charger is MUCH cheaper than a new camera.

Wedding planning beginning in earnest, eh? Let me know if you need someone to go shopping or cake/caterer testing with.

Sally said...

Yay! Miss Creant!

Also, if I am ever a part of the wedding planning reporting (not that I have to be, but sometimes it might happen on Wednesdays, I'm thinking), please refer to me as Ms. Informed.

I can't be Miss, I'm married.

Heather K said...

Hahahaha. Ms. Informed, will do.