Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Carrie Bradshaw, meet my hair

Meet my hair because I cut it. I cut it--not I had it cut, and it is shorter. Kind of a lot--at least 8 inches shorter all over. Now it hits a little below my chin to right at my shoulders in front and the tops of my shoulder blades in the back (which may get shorter as I take a look at it dry). Before the scissors, it was at my boobs in front and to my butt almost in the back. Yeah, it is shorter.

It was exhilarating to cut it. I wasn't planning on it being this short--it just kind of happened, but it is great to have it short. I liked having long hair in theory, but it went up into a ponytail a lot of the time, so I obviously wasn't a huge fan of it in practice. Plus it is way healthier (what is left of it). I will be posting pictures soon--of the new hair and also of the wastebasket full of chopped off hair. Stay tuned (although they may get posted on my space or my yahoo photo album because I am not sure how to post them here, and if it is too hard I will just put them elsewhere).

3 comments:

Robyn said...

ooh pictures please!

Margaret said...

yes, pictures!

Heather K said...

Soon, soon. Digital camera is dead, and I must venture out into impending storm to get batteries--although that means the bag of hair is in my room. I have a bag of hair in my room.