Friday, June 16, 2006

I swear pictures are coming of the new hair

Everyone who has seen it in person has given it rave reviews. It looks much better with the glasses then the old hair, and the consensus is that it makes me look younger and more fun and mor mature all at once. The younger and more fun thing is way true, and the more mature comes from it looking like I have become enough of a grown-up to go to a stylist instead of just growing and growing my hair forever. I just need to get batteries for the camera, and I intend to tomorrow morning.

The weird thing is I feel kind of like I am in a commercial for my life or something right now. I know that is weird to say, but I feel that way. I am like extra happy bubbly pleasant version of me or something.

Also, I went to see the Joffrey Ballet last night for free, and they were fantastic. There was this fabulous piece with men without shirts and women in little leotard things that mae them all nearly naked. After watching this piece I began to think all ballet would be much more interesting this way and not just because I like looking at beautiful half-naked (or all naked) male bodies. Seeing the breath and the strain of the dancers and watching the sweat begin to roll off of their bodies made the emotionally wrenching piece so much more compelling. Tomorrow I watch them dance in Crown fountain. Can't wait.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

actually fully naked men dancing is not as cool as half-naked. there's a flopping issue. naked women dancing can be beautiful (ok- opened myself up there for pervy comments, i know)

Margaret said...

That very reason is why I think the rehearsals for dance can be 10x more interesting than the actual performances. In rehearsal, you're only a few feet away, they aren't distracted by an audience, or held in by a costume. I enjoy dance...

Heather K said...

True, I do want the dancing men held in by some dance belt/tights thingies (like what they were wearing as their costume). It is just so amazing to watch their bodies move. I enjoy dance too Margaret.

Margaret said...

Lol, I meant mentally held in by costumes. I wasn't actually referring to male dancer's dangly bits. Even in costumes they aren't always held in :) I know some damned exhibitionist male dancers.