Tuesday, June 27, 2006

New Driver's License

My face looks thinner then it does in my other recent ID photos. This makes me wonder if my face actually is thinner or if it was the state of IL camera? Also it didn't take as long as I thought it would, and I did much better on the test then I thought I would (missed two signs, generic-y ones with nothing on them and would have things on them in the real world). Besides it isn't like I will be doing much driving with this license anyway. Mostly I need it to buy liquor and get into bars.

I am having a little birthday party tomorrow (which is my actual birthday). There will be some playing of games and some meeting of friends. It should be fun. Have been reading a lot today. Been kind of nice.

In a sidebar that I wish I didn't care about, Patrick deleted me from his friends on my space. He deleted me. That means he had to push a button that said 'delete from friends' which I guess makes it pretty clear how he feels about me. This made me only a little sad and really kind of pissed off. How rude! I mean come on. Our break up was not that horrific, was it? I mean I did cry a whole lot in his apartment, but it was his choice and he seemed fairly okay with it, so if anyone was to be deleting people from their lives, I think it should be me who gets that privilege in this situation.

Although what if you could do that? Just delete someone or something from your life. Like they never happened. You never have to run into them again or see any trace of them in pictures or your contacts list in your email account or anything? Doesn't that seem very dangerous? Things to think about.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Have you seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? That's a similar situation. Weird movie, but good.