Sunday, July 13, 2008

Adorable

I wanted to include a story of how adorable my boyfriend can be. He has been sick all weekend because he made some poor choices last week (poor choice = lots of alcohol, clubs, cubs games, etc. in the name of entertaining clients/vendors so he had to do it) and he really needs to go back to his doctor for a check up on the maybe ulcer. Also I don't think the meds the doc put him on last time are exactly what he needs. They do okay at making him feel better sometimes, and that seems like not enough for prescription medicine since he felt better sometimes anyway by accident. Anyway so sick all weekend and really screwed up his sleep cycle (3am at Weiner Circle with clients probably did not help), so he was falling asleep on the couch tonight at 8:30. At which point, I made him get off the couch and go to sleep in his bed, and he started to argue with me in the same manner as a sleepy toddler would if in the same situation. He could not go to bed without seeing the end of the show (which was Extreme Makeover Home Edition, so clearly if he didn't see the end, how would he survive), but fortunately TIVO saved him.

But the look on his face, so tired and so sort of vaguely embarrassed to be so tired at that moment. And then so relieved that I was Tivo'ing it so that he could go to bed. He is adorable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heather! so i had this dream about you and your boyfriend. well. it was all rather strange. i went to chicago to hang out with you and to meet him. the two of you had a dinner party to get to later on that night and were supposed to drop me off at some bar, but you ended up taking me along to the dinner party instead--by accident--even though throughout the entire ride I kept saying "you're missing my stop, maybe you can turn around here and take a left." and then "maybe you could just drop me off here, i'm sure i could find my way there." and kenny was there. none of it made sense. but i did get the sense in my dream that i had fun and you guys were cute together. you were arguing about some scene involving the guy that was in gone with the wind or something! his name eludes me at the moment. :)

Heather K said...

Well the general consensus is that we are cute together. It is true. Although he almost never watches movies, so we wouldn't be arguing about a movie scene.

Hilarious though!