Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fighting is not so much fun

Over the last two weeks Sam and I have argued or fought several times (well really with us a fight is most other people's arguments which would shock people who knew me back when my temper was legendary). It has sometimes been very sucky, especially if it involved crying (which it only did one time). However, in the end (and I actually think we have reached the end of this stint of arguing in a big serious sort of way), I think it accomplished quite a bit of good. Like we were at a point in our relationship where something needed to help us get closer or things might have stalled or stagnated, and all this arguing was it. Really I think it was a manifestation of unspoken wants and needs that the other was to psychically know (because clearly that is always a good choice) just working themselves out into the open, and this was how they wanted to roll.

So, we are all happy and had big make-ups and resolutions and learned a lot about each other and really hadn't fought that badly or big-ly in the first place. It just was not my favorite time and I would prefer to not ever have a repeat of that.

No comments: