Saturday, July 05, 2008

So I took a blogging break

Because it turns out I still managed to stay busy even though I work one less job. There were nights out with friends and drinking, and drinking, and I am not sure I remember everything that happened, but that may be because of the drinking.

I spent Independence Day with a group of a about 12 people, more than half of whom are citizens of nations other than our own (China and India), some 1st generation Americans, and like 3 of us with long time American families, so there were some Chinese dumplings to supplement the kabobs on the grill. But it was a very nice time

Then Sam coerced some people to go to Howl at the Moon with him, and he had such an excellent time that he was suckered into buying not only two rounds of shots (one jello, one test tube), but also a rose for me. Which I found hilarious and adorable. Because the rose chick makes the rounds after everyone is pretty wasted and suckers drunk guys to by a single rose for drunk girls--a single rose that costs an arm and a leg for a sad, sad, sad specimen of a rose. Sam usually fends these types off pretty deftly, but last night, the rose chick was too much for him, and he bought me a rose.

Speaking of Sam, earlier in the week we kind of a had a pretty big fight (well for us , for other people it might have just been a mild disagreement, but Sam doesn't argue or fight as a general rule, so for us a big fight) which I suppose is what comes of him being way more drunk than I was and not catching on that the joke he was making was not a joke I found remotely funny until it was a little too late. But we are fine now. Although, that may perhaps explain the rose too.

Right now he is in the kitchen making fajitas, guacamole (he puts a hard boiled egg in his) that might be too spicy to eat, and some sort of strawberry truffle thing he saw on tv yesterday. And he insisted that he needed no help. I love these days. So I am making sure his couch does not make an escape from his house, and I think I will watch some Netflix on demand, I think I feel like some documentaries. . .

I hope everyone had a very nice 4th of July!

No comments: