Friday, July 18, 2008

News Event of the Morning

My cat Steve McQueen, although a little bit evil, is also very, very smart.  He has figured out how to pee in the toilet.  That is right.  He has potty trained himself, I guess from modeling our behaviors.  Either that or he thinks we drink from there and is trying to poison us.
 
I would not in hell have believed it was true, if I had not seen it myself this morning.  I went to go use the bathroom, like you do when you wake up, and there was my cat, sitting on the toilet looking cranky and morning grumpy like a person.  Also giving me a look, like, "I don't watch you when you do this?"  Although that is a lie, both our cats totally watch.  You go to the bathroom, and they burst in to curl around your feet or sit on the sink and stare at you--which apparently was some sort of teaching session.  Totally weird.  Kind of awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous. I wish my cats paid attention to that kind of thing.

Heather K said...

It is kind of awesome and kind of freaky. Like my cat is some sort of maniacal evil genius, like Steve McQueen is "The Brain" and James Dean is "Pinky." Oddly this would make a lot of sense.

Ok, now I worry world domination is being plotted from our cat room.

Anonymous said...

As long as Steve doesn't develop opposable thumbs, I think you'll be fine. Without them, he won't be able to leave the apartment unassisted.