Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend!

Boy did I ever have one!  Friday night Chris and I went to see one of the NEA 4 perform a performance art/theatre piece about the state of being gay, gay marriage, and immigration right for the partners of gay Americans.  That makes it sound boring, but really it was not at all boring and totally awesome!  It was so great, and I am glad Chris and I went. 
 
Saturday, I went apartment hunting (yeah found several apartments that would NOT be OK and starting to lean towards moving way North for a year (to save money) and because I have to be up there near the Ville a few times a week anyway.  Still hunting.  Then I hung out with Chris all afternoon before meeting Sam and his parents for dinner (Sam's birthday dinner--early for the parents).  At like 9pm, Sam and I headed out to a birthday party thrown by my old boss which was great fun and involved seeing lots of bosses new and old pretty drunk.  It was awesome, but Sam and I are old, so we went home and were in bed after only two hours.
 
Sunday, Sam made spaghetti for lunch, and then I went to the spa at the 4 Seasons.  First of all, that hotel is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice.  I mean, wow.  I kind of felt like it was so nice someone was going to shoo me out for not following a dress code or not being frou-frou enough to be there.  Like they were going to figure out I was some sort of proletariet intruder.  But, I was led into the spa and had my own locker and fluffy robe and slippers.  I used the sauna which was not much fun, so I tried the steam room (which was fun) because they said you should do that before your massage.  I also used the big fancy medical scale which confirmed that I have in fact gained quite a bit of weight, so much weight in fact that I am either tied for or actually am the heaviest I have ever been ever in my life.  I have decided that stops now.  So, snacking done.  Excercise,let's do it.  I am going to make Sam let me use his excercise room when it is cold because turning 30 next summer I am not being this.  My goal for that is 15 pounds to lose which will put me down into perfectly fine territory and not even the skinniest that I have ever been, still a bit of weight from that.
 
Anyway, then there was the massage which was awesome.  I want one everyday.  Actually one in the morning and one before bed.  Can that be arranged?  I need a winning lotto ticket.  These were great.  Then there was the facial.  I think I have a new face.  Although I was scared the aethetician would tsk at me, she actually approved of my skin care regimine and just thought I should exfoliate more regularly.  No extractions in the facial, just mist and a masque and a new face.  Then there was more relaxation room, where I had strawberries and ginger tea and curled up with a magazine in between treatments.  Then I had the most delightful woman do my mani and pedi.  She was great.  Funny and interesting with great stories.  Her name was Chang and she is from the Phillipines, and I want to go back just to hang out with her.  Then I went back to the bathroom/locker room and took a shower and headed back to Sam's.  Four hours after I had started, I headed back.  It was great.  Best birthday present EVER!
 
Then that night, well after I woke him up from his cat nap on the couch--he told me too, I wasn't to let him sleep too long--Sam made me Thai food, a green curry chicken and noodles.  It was marevlous.  And I have leftovers like crazy for the week for lunch.  And I have only a four day week this week and next week because I will be off to California!
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

Dropped At Birth said...

i want one of those types! i mean of course--your boyfriend.

Heather K said...

He has some Asian friends. . .

Dropped At Birth said...

you're hilarious. i have one. he's just not of the same mold yours seems to be built from! i want one of those types that you have. or better yet. if you could miraculously turnnnn mine into one of the types you have, ahhhhhh. :)

Jim said...

I'm a little confused; do you have a boyfriend or a chef? Either way, you've got it made girl.

Heather K said...

Well, when he has free time on the weekends he morphs into a chef. Some days he is more successful than other days, but he really likes the food network, what are you going to do?

Also Jenny, I totally said that to get your hackles a little up.

Dropped At Birth said...

well. you are right you know. i should only date asians :)

if we aren't careful how we mix our races we get nothing good. case in point: barack obama. :)

Heather K said...

Right, I forget you are all for the G. W.'s and the McCain's of the world.

Although I really thoguht you weren't? So confused!

Dropped At Birth said...

hehe. i am--pretty conservative in a lot of ways and far too liberal in others. in the end--i'm too much an issues person to be coined into a party. i do happen to adore barack obama--but--i also quite like the elder bush and despise the clintons. i'm sure that cleared it allllll up!