Tuesday, July 08, 2008

You say you want a resolution?

I have been thinking lately that I may try to make amends with my roomie.  At some point this winter we were at quite a dismal point.  She was unhappy, I was happy, somehow this became very bad for me and very bad for the cats, especially Steve McQueen.  At which point I just spent more time at works and more free time with Sam.  I just couldn't participate in her sadness and I couldn't participate in her taking it out on me.  Eventually, she stopped taking it out on the cats (mostly).  Lately, she seems in a much better place and our house is usually cleaner and usually does not smell of trash and cat litter like it used to, so I am hoping she is coming out of the very sad tunnel that she had been in.
 
So I think I should try to pick back up the thread of our friendship.  Which as I write this makes me sound like such an arrogant fairweather friend--which I have been accused of being before, so there you go.  But I think I may have been able to be more supportive if I had not also been her roomie during the dark times.  There are only so many nice thoughts you can think about someone who leaves bags of garbage in front of your bedroom door (true it is very near the garbage can, but six bags of garbage in essentially a single person home? including used cat litter?!).  There is only so much you can feel for their sad time when it makes your house smell so bad your gag reflex kicks in upon entering and has not managed to do any dishes for over a month, except for a spoon or fork at a time as she needs them to feed herself.  But that seems mostly passed now. 
 
I want to bring some fun into her life.  I want my friend back, and I think she does too.  So I might try to broach the subject tonight as I am home and working on a big sewing project.  Maybe.  We shall see.  I will certainly at the very least be fri

No comments: