Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Computer scare

So, I was about to blog about how my stupid computer wouldn't let me log onto my user name with my password, that I knew was correct when (imposing music here) it wouldn't let me log onto blogger with the same password! At this point I pulled up a word thingy and tried it out, and it turns out one of the letters on my keyboard sticks like a bitch. This is a new development, but it should be pretty solvable now. This is a tremendous relief. Because I don't know what I would've done if I had locked myself out of my administrator user name. That would suck.

Actually, I would've called or emailed Donald or Chrissy's friend t-bert (who thinks I am a babe) since they are the biggest computer nerds I know. If anyone knew how to loophole around my password, they would. However, it did not have to come to that. Although feel free to be indignant if I didn't mention you, but you could've helped me.

I have a dilemma. Part of me wants to keep this little dilemma to myself and part of me wants to put it to my loyal public to see what advice they would give me. It is romantical in nature, and pertains to a certain someone far, far away who I talk to on the phone with freakish regularity (particularly since he is not related to me in anyway--well, because that would make the romantical nature really, really weird).

We are both going to be at a wedding this summer (that means you Sara and John). A wedding where many of the guests (like myself) will be renting hotel rooms. I was hoping to share a hotel room because well, I am kind of poor, plus hotel room slumber parties can be fun (I offer up many an ACTF as an example). Now, herein lies the problem. Chris Plummer has invited me to share with him and Luke Daigle which would be a way fun slumber party (and no I would not be stupid with/about the Daigle, I feel quite confident that it only took me two tries to learn that lesson in a pretty hard fashion). However, anything romantical with the certain romantical person would not work out so well in my room, if I were sharing it with the boys. There has been a wee teeny (and I mean hardly any) talk of me and the romantical person sharing a hotel room, but that gives me pause. I mean, that sort of implies a promise. If we share a room, we share a bed, etc. Now, I am pretty sure that the implied sharing is going to happen anyway, so why not save each of us a little money and get some privacy, but somehow I am still reticent about that, and I don't know why. I am a grown up. He's a grown up. Neither of us are seeing anyone. Why not? If we didn't live so freaking far away from each other, I have little doubt we would already be involved in some sort of relationship thingy, but we do live far, far apart. I don't know. But, if I am going to get a hotel room, I kind of should do it soon. Auugh. Why am I such a wreck when it comes to things romantical?

10 comments:

Jim said...

... with all kindness, have you considered changing the address of your blog so you can speak more freely? I say this because I can barely understand your dilemmea. Maybe I'm just not a part of the "in" crowd. It's the first 27 years of my life all over again ...

I'm guessing your dilemma, aside from the larger issue of living far from boy you like, is whether or not to let anything happen when you are briefly together. Could you be okay with a one-timer (or multiple) and then nothing but phone calls?

Heather K said...

I have thought about starting a new blog or changing it, but then I thought fuck it and apparently kept writing in code.

Although upon reflection and rereading, I don't think you are any less confused then my roomates who got the audible and got to ask questions. It is possible that this all links back to the vast, vast amount of confusion I have in regards to (fine I will freaking say it already) David Hathaway.

The confusion stemming from him living there and me living here and none of us having any interest or any reason to move to the same place (here, there, or anywhere else). I would be involved with him if there were any chance that we would live in the same place. We don't. So what the fuck am I doing? I am fine with this wedding being it. But I am also intrigued by what would happen if this could be real--although not intrigued enough to leave my life.

Is that any better?

Did I mention I am a wreck?

chrissy. said...

oh, heather. just ask the boy to share a room with you and Get It On. you know what's goin on, you knew at the wedding! just Get It ON.

like you said. you're a grown up. he's a grown up. neither of you are seeing anybody. you might as well just do this thing and Get It Over With. then you can move on with your life and not have that nagging 'what if' feeling.

and if nothing else, you can get some youngin weddin booty.

Anonymous said...

1) it's "tbert," no internal punctuation
2) my chosen solution to the problem would have involved insanity
3) stop wimping out and rock the boy's world

laurenj said...

I agree with this "jim" character above. Do you want something to happen? If you do, then make it happen. If you don't, then decide you won't, and get a room with people who will buffer you. Flings are good, as long as you aren't flinging away something that you value- think about how you want things to be the week after the wedding and if you can still have that and do it then DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Heather K said...

Wow! Well, I was going to write about how sorry I was that I had not realized how whiny I was being. And then there was Sally's comment.

That's interesting. I have been led to believe that he is single by him very recently (as in like yesterday and for the last month). Although, I guess I don't think he has said that he absolutely isn't seeing anyone. It isn't like he is dating me, but I sure as heck don't want to get another girlfriend of his pissed off at me.

Wow. I am kind of stunned and a little confused at this moment.

Jim said...

I personally vote for this chrissy character's vote that you and the boy get it on. And I guess I agree with Tbert, but that's just because it seems you might be happy that way.

If you wouldn't, I change my vote.

-al said...

I vote 'Hump'

Anonymous said...

Okay. Here's what I know. On again, off again relationship. Was dating last week, was single as of Monday. I don't know how long they were dating prior to last week, so he may indeed have been single last month.

I did hear the girlfriend on the phone saying to someone, "But if you want to go for him now, I'm completely out of the way." So he may be available again. I just don't want you to get hurt if he's messing around.

Heather K said...

Okay. Good to know. Apparently I am Hath's favorite dirty mistress. Plus I knew when I started this phone ridiculousness that nothing was/could happen except a fling at the wedding because I am NOT moving that direction, and he has no plans to move this direction. After how we started all those years ago, I don't know how I would ever be able to trust him to not be shady to me--especially at such a great distance. So, I am a little miffed because I hate being lied to, but it sure doesn't surprise me.