Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Marathon of Fun: Fun in Circles

Monday my brother went to the zoo by himself, and then we met up with his friend Matt (who was stationed with him in Arizona but is from greater Chicagoland) and Matt's sister Heather (get it!!! they both have sisters named Heather who live in and around Chicago!--so not as amazing to she and I). Then we picked up one of Heather's friends and drove down to Navy Pier.

There we ate a Bubba Gump's Shrimp Factory--where I excelled at the Forrest Gump Trivia (imagine that I actually knew the name of the theatre Gary Sinise cofounded in Chicago, and I also knew Forrest went to the University of Alabama). Then we rode the Ferris Wheel, the Wave Swinger, and the Carousel. The Carousel at Navy Pier is for babies, and so not worth it. The Ferris Wheel is kind of awesome. The view is fantastic and we were up there as the sun was setting into the buildings of the skyline. The Wave Swinger was just so very county fair.

After that, my brother went out to punk rock Monday with my roommates and Branson. They closed the bar down. They also made all the guy friends of Janna and Renee (the people they see out at that bar) really antsy--because what were these guys they were at their bar with. I slept. I suck at fun marathons.

Today, there will be bleacher seats in the outfield at the Cubs Game. Tom will hold them for Jeff and I after he explore Wrigleyville on game day.

More later.

1 comment:

5ball said...

-Johnny B