Monday, June 25, 2007

Some shopping math

I know, I know, three posts in one day. But I had to share this! At work we get to buy things for ourselves from our vendors as long as we have terms with them. Well a very trendy t-shirt place that sells dresses and yoga pants and just generally casual hipster clothers in plain yet vibrant colors with little to no decoration, is a favorite of mine. I however, I have never really been able to bring myself to shop there because $30 for a plain t-shirt is just way too freaking much!

Then I got their wholesale price list. I bought 24 pieces from wifebeaters and tank tops to a chemise to dresses and a bunch of cute t's with a tube top or two for good measure. They cost me $126.25 plus shipping regular fed ex from California. That is about $5.25 each not bad for t's and tanks--sort of like a good old navy sale. However, these are a little higher quality than old navy, and their retail value (if I had bought them online or in the store near the Pier 1 where I work part time) would've been $556 plus tax ($606.04 here). I saved $429.75 while buying really trendy, comfy clothes much of which I can wear to either job!!!!!! WOW! I am totally psyched about this. It rules!

No comments: