Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pain in my neck

Literally. I have one which I believe to be caused by sitting to much in one position that is bad for it. So. . . I am sitting with my feet flat on the floor, instead of crossed one over the other. I have put my seat and my monitor screen at appropriate Alexander Technique-y heights, and I have tilted the seat to ensure best possible alignment. Next stop lumbar support also massage, sigh I wish. I need to figure out a way to get my insurance to pay for that, also a chiropractor, well at least one of them.

Oh, and hourly get up and move it abouts. But today's real solution may be a shorter day. Going home a bit early to stretch and roll around on the floor in yoga clothes, maybe NIA it up a bit.

Also, Sam's parents get into town tonight. Tomorrow Sam's mom and I are doing lunch and some art. This weekend we will see a Twelfth Night with a huge ass swimming pool as a major part of its set or a high tech Tempest, it sort of depends on ticket availability and if I can get Luke Daigle to get us a discount on the Chicago Shakes tix.

3 comments:

sally said...

I hope you're feeling better.

Find a really good chiropractor, will you? I'm going to need one too.

Heather K said...

Done. I have one already. He is oddly overtanned, spends too much time at the gym, is sooo cheesy LA playboy for Chicago, but has a cute little doggy and manages to magically make you feel better after barely touching you. However, he could have way better bedside manner. His little assistant/mentee guy though has great bedside manner and is also really good and gentle BUT takes a little more time to get everything just right. Both of them I would reccomend.

sally said...

Have they tried to sell you vitamins yet? Because that's a dealbreaker for me. You try to sell me vitamins, I'm not coming back.