Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Good and the Bad

That was my day folks. I personally took $1000 in returns to our store, and I still managed to end the day with a positive associate productivity number (which means I sold $21 more then I took in returns). The most amazing part of that was that I did it in three and a half hours because they sent me home early. I worked three and a half hours of my possible eight hour shift today. I figured I wouldn't get all eight, but I thought for sure I would at least get the regular five. This sucks! I will maybe work 24 hours this week which is bullshit. I cannot live on that.

The good news is that I got a phone call at work for a job interview. I did a phone interview with a consultant today who is trying to hook me up with a gig as an administrative assistant to a church's ministry and day school. It sounds like it has lots to do and gives me quite a bit of self-reliance and I get to see little kids a lot. It also makes a regular salary. Not the fabulous salary of my dreams, but way better then right now. I will be able to pay off debt, put some in savings, occasionally afford trips out of town, and be able to shop and do fun things. Although I actually have to get this job first. Tonight I am going to revamp the resume to send back to the consultant. Here's hoping.

Although if I get this job it wouldn't seem to terribly fair since I haven't been looking all that long for a new gig, but holy crap do I need it. I am beyond broke right now.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Hey, best of luck to ya. Hope you get a better job sooner rather than later.