Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Waiting for Emily

She is going to call me this afternoon, and we are going to hang out this evening, but as it approaches 5pm, I begin to wonder if it will pan out. I like--no love--seeing her and spending time with her anyway I can, but the let down when she backs out is kind of a pain in the ass, and the let down happens more often then I see her--or it seems like it. Really it is probably a 1:1 ratio. I see her once; she stands me up once or some sort of craziness falls down around her ears.

I will grant her that it doesn't help that our schedules are almost incompatible, but that makes the disappointment so much worse. The anticipation of seeing her is always so great. Anyway, here's hoping. I am going to call her soon just to check.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I hear you, I hate the waiting. In an ideal world, if it isn't going to happen, I'd at least like to know in advance.