Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I got beads

And it wasn't even Mardi Gras. I got a strand of green beads during the parade on Saturday, and Patrick got a sunburn because it was so hot and sunny. However the hot has left the city, now it is cold. However Saturday was a great day. There was wonderful weather and a wonderful boyfriend and jamba juice. The parade was a little boring, but made better by the boisterous college students who stood behind us and yelled ridiculous things at the people parading by.

Later we had lunch at Harry Caray's which was good, but I miss Seattle fish and chips. Then we walked about and had ice cream and saw tons of drunk people wearing green including a guy passed out in an alley with two friends hovering over him. Although Friday night a guy threw up on himself on the street a little ways behind us.

Last but not least we hung out at a bar with Emily and her husband and we played trivia games. Patrick and I are a good team. We seem to know complimentary chunks of trivia; I like that. He's competitive too, which is also nice. Saturday was a great day.

Then I worked Sunday, and I worked Monday--all day! That was the first day in almost two weeks where I worked a full shift. Insane. Please let me get a real job soon. I have not heard back about the church job, and I will probably email her today with an update of my available times for an interview.

3 comments:

Jim said...

I don't recall, you may not have said, exactly what's going on at your work, but I think I can relate. They cut our hours back at target this week so I'm scheduled a spanking-total of 21 hours! Yay!

Anyway, hope you find something good soon.

Heather K said...

I am scheduled about the same amount of time, but some of it is flex time which is cuttable any day. They have been cutting all of it, leaving me about 25 hours of work a week.

Margaret said...

I've enjoyed Jamba Juice in Sacramento and New York, but nowhere in between. All hail smoothies!