Friday, March 10, 2006

Whew!

This is an update to the earlier blog entry from today, so go read that first.

Okay, so that was way easier then I expeceted it to be. I got a 90% on the excel test, and that is flat out amazing since I have almost never used excel. I probably took a little more time then most people because I futzed around when I was unsure, but I figured out what would happen when you were right and I kept retrying the questions until it showed me the right result. Also I am fairly decent at logically figuring things out and using what I learn from the test as I go, so I would remember a new thing I learned.

Warning: Rant ahead! Slow down for dangerous curves.
Sometimes my test taking instincts weird me out--not that I think I am oh so brilliant or anythig--but I just know how to beat tests. I never learned this in school. Kids now get taught actual test taking skills so they can pass their WASL or ISAT or whatever state mandated standardized test they are forced to take to prove they are learning, but I was way before that started. I just strategized that it was better to read the questions you have to answer before reading the selection that has the answers in it (quicker, you know). Stuff like that I remember doing as far back as third grade. I really think over half my smarts are in my ability to think of a way to beat the tests at their own games--which may be why I look real smart on paper and can be a complete dumbass in real life. Rant over.

I am going to a scary movie tonight, and it might get bad. Me no likey scary movies. Me tend to go screamy-screamy a lot, even when I know what is going to happen. Me big wussy.

4 comments:

Jim said...

If Patrick will be with you that could be a good thing.

Heather K said...

Yes, having the boy's hand to squeeze was way good. However, the movie was not scary and mostly just really gory. I wouldn't recomend it unless you want something fun to mock and don't mind grossness--or like grossness.

Jim said...

What was the movie?

Heather K said...

The Hills Have Eyes