Friday, June 26, 2009

Dude, I saw my wrapped present!

It is wrapped in Amazon wrapping and there is basically no way it is not a Kindle! I AM SO EXCITED! This will be so dangerous because this book can just get other books in it from the air! Well with the help of a credit card. My current worry is how to fill it before said trip.

Ummm, also it is soooooo hot here and my house is sooooooo not air conditioned that I am staying at Sam's for the duration of this feels like over 90 degree weather that doesn't cool off enough overnight to cool places down inside. It just is too hot. Last night was my first night at his place and it is sooooo nice to be able to sleep in a coolness rather than having to take a cold shower and go to bed still damp so that you are cool enough to sleep as long as the ceiling fan is hitting you and making the still dampness feel like actual cool.

Also, taking cat to vet tomorrow, so that should be awesome because he is an angry angry kitty when we go there, but he has been vomiting lately and we want him to be ok before we leave.

4 comments:

Sally said...

You don't have to fill the Kindle before you leave. You can download stuff at the airport. That's what makes it so awesome.

I recommend filling it from your amazon account, rather than from the kindle. It's just faster.

Books you should definitely put on it:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Uncommon Reader: a Novella

The Georgette Heyer books that are available for Kindle

Those are the books that pop to mind.

Sally said...

Ooh. Also Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson.

Heather K said...

Also just updated the layout a bit and some of the descriptions, but I like the blogs way of cropping my headshot photo.

Jim said...

I bet you get a gift card to help you fill it up. And the blog is looking nice; I notice you made a couple of changes.