Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sam wants to go back to college

He wants to get an MS in product development which sounds very engineer-y mostly I guess because it is.  I think this will be good for him.  I think that it will open up a new world for him in his job, which will I hope keep him happy for a very long time.  It will also open up opportunities that would lead to other jobs if he wanted them in the future.  He also would be able to get this degree while working full time.  So, we will have a lonely kitty in the months when I am in rehearsals.
 
I think this is very good for him, and I like that it will give him a focus.  In other news the restaurant/bar where he played piano on Sundays and found many of his drinking buddies has closed.  So no more piano for him although he is looking to see if this active seniors retirement community in the neighborhood would be interested in having him play and he might do mornings there bright and early.  He played at this place on Mother's Day and they loved him.  We used to know the director of dining services, but our friend moved on to another job in Phoenix.  I am sad for the people we know who worked at that restaurant, but I am not sad that Sam's main drinking haunt has been shuttered.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Sam will have to play when you guys come down.

Word Verification: "tencold" = the magnification of an ordinary cold by 10