Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A very informal and unscientific poll

So, going to the wedding quite soon.  It will involve two long plane flights and two long drives and likely some serious airport time.  I will bring my itouch, but I am contemplating bringing my laptop and air card along.
 
Pros: Can watch movies streamed off netflix in airport, in car, even hanging out if applicable (likely not I know), Can read ebooks from library and check out new ebooks from library (this is why I want a Kindle), Can blog and check email super easy, Can upload pics easy
 
Cons: Carrying a laptop everywhere, maybe unecessary as Sam will have his (with aircard), Sam's has netflix on it too (but he works and won't just let me watch what I want), Will likely also be carrying real books
 
 
What say you faithful readers, bring it or leave it?
 

4 comments:

Sally said...

I took my laptop to Chicago. Never touched it in the airports. Did use it when I finally realized I was really fucking tired of running around and just wanted to sit and think about things.

I have taken it on trips where it never gets used at all, so I'm much more selective about it now. If there are people I need to stay in touch with or research I need to do, I take it (though with the new phone it's not as much of an issue now). Otherwise, the laptop stays home. But I have a Kindle, so it's a bit different for me.

Heather K said...

If (as I hope/suspect) I get a Kindle for my birthday this weekend, this may be a moot point (not a mute point as I almost typed).

Jim said...

It could also be a mute point as there will be no reason to talk about it. And I say take it.

chrissy. said...

i say, bring it. you may not need it, but if you DO need it, you will really Really need it.