Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Promotion

That's right. I got a promotion after four days at my new job. Really it is more like an adoption. The accouting department likes me, and I am smart enough to figure out the little tasks they give me, and the junior half of accounting is being promoted to purchasing leaving a hole. They decided that they would love me to fill the hole, if I was interested, and they actually asked me if it was anything that I would be interested in, which was nice. It is however hilarious to me, especially when I really thought that I was about to be busted for possibly leaving the door unlocked when I left yesterday (although I am pretty sure that I did lock it, just not 100% positive). No, not busted, promoted, and they wanted to tell me before I heard rumblings of hiring a new receptionist.

They did say that I shouldn't expect to be a receptionist for very long, and I guess five days is not very long. Although I will be a receptionist until they find a replacement. If anyone here in Chicago is looking for a new gig, it is a fun office and an easy sort of job that still keeps you busy all day.

Yeah, now I get to go to my other job which I may have to leave for good when I actually have the promotion go through.

5 comments:

Jim said...

"Have to" or "get to?" What I mean to ask is, will you be happy to leave Pier One completely and work just the one job?

And congratulations on becoming a junior accountant. That has to feel good, such approval and validation after only four days. Way to go heather-san!

Robyn said...

yay! What will you be doing?

-al said...

ok, four days as a receptionist, then a promotion to accounting...
carry the one...
you'll have your own receptionist in by may at this rate.

good work.

p.s. always double and triple check the door before you leave.

Heather K said...

Thanks on the congrats. Apparently I will also be doing some HR stuf too.

And I do check the door now!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!