Monday, March 05, 2007

Something is about to change

I just realized today that my life is in for a relatively big change. The day after tomorrow, I start a new job, in a new place, with new people. Instead of having my nomadic hours that wander all over the schedule and can be tugged and prodded certain places if I want them to be, I will now have a set (very, very set) schedule. My waking up weekdays will be routine, will need to be routine to catch the right bus. I will be commuting again and walking much less. There will be lots of riding the bus. And I will have to meet strangers and break them in (which means the process of other people being allowed to slowly discover I am weird has to happen again). I have a bunch of all new stuff to learn--just when I was getting good at this job.

I am not really scared of this change. I think I've been ready for something like it for a while, but it just didn't occur to me until today. Here we go. I guess.

[In a completely unrelated note, the boy who is the lead in 'The Black Donnelley's has a ridiculously sick body. It doesn't even make sense, but they showed LOTS of it in the episode this week, and that was all I watched. Just had to talk about it. His body is that beautiful--if really, really pasty.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hear you. i started my second position in addition to my first monday last week and i'm BEAT. it's beating me up right and left. my first one is mentally and emotionally draining. this one is physically draining. at the end of the day i'm just totally wiped out. which is why you haven't seen me on your blogs posting or on my own blogs. anyhow. i'll blog tonight i think. i'll have a new number soon, btw. i'll message you it! good luck with the new job!