Sunday, March 11, 2007

Weird part 2 (the way less weird sequel)

So Sara called me back, and apparently she has two friends named Heather in her phone (with no last initial), so she called us both to get the other one. Apparently no one thought I was in Moscow.

I am however loving being in Chicago when the weather is nice and people are out with their dogs and their kids. The sun was shining down on me, and my ipod was adding a fabulous soundtrack, and life was grand.

For Jim's perusal: there is a right and wrong amount of flirting from a married man. Good flirting is funny silliness. The kind that maybe is angling for a good deal but really is about enjoying life and shopping. Just a little being nice to strangers in a fun way. This kind stops short of anything important. No touching or contact, no risque content, nothing past genial fairly neutral appreciation. That is fine, that makes the job more fun. It probably makes shopping more fun too. ATF guy had that down. It was way fun to help him out because he made it fun. Anyone who has anything to add to the flirting conversation should feel free to speak up in the comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm a big fan of flirting. i think it's relatively harmless. i never mean anything by it--it's just a word game--an elaborate fun scintillating word game that sparks my imagination.

but maybe i'm sending mixed signals then. i don't know.

i got an ipod this weekend! i gotta tell you. i was pretty stoked about it all. now i wish i had gotten at least an 8 gig instead of the 4 gig. oh well. i figure i needed one for this new job. plus it's been awhile since i spoiled myself. so now i can sing along to sad sappy music like snow patrol and bop my head to cheesy hot hot heat and no one would care!

Heather K said...

I have a little two gig, and I find I just need to make and rotate playlists more often to get stuff I want to hear onto it.

Anonymous said...

My married man doesn't flirt with anybody but me, and that's the way I prefer it.