Monday, March 19, 2007

Tired

The Wire is so good it makes me watch it even when I should be going to bed. Although, I am through season 2 now. Season 3 should start arriving soon from netflix.

I ran three quarters of a mile today. Well, jogged, and I did it in a time that wasn' too bad since my goal was in no way to run for time. More I just wanted to see how far I could jog before I thought I would die, and it turns out that a half mile is just fine with me, and three quarters of a mile is where it gets rough. Although since I haven't run in literally years, and I really haven't run on open ground and not on an elliptical in even longer, I find this impressive. I may be able to pick up this running thing, and at the same time maybe lose a little of the squishy around my waste, and if it means I happen to go home this summer looking fabulous and getting my mom to shut the hell up already about my weight, that would be okay with me. More then okay really. We shall see.

6 comments:

Jim said...

So ... if you ran further than a half mile, say a full mile, you'd be immortal? That would be awesome. You could eat all the candy you want.

Heather K said...

No lie, the desire to run is in direct proportion to the desire to still eat candy and not be like the people on the scary TLC show I watched last week.

Anonymous said...

To help you get back into running, this is fantastic:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Of course, I haven't started it yet, as I may be developing appendicitis, but it's the plan I'm going to be adopting.

Heather K said...

The phrase get back into running is funny to me because it implies that at any time I was ever "into" running when it didn't involve me getting a grade or a coach yelling at me. I was never a runner. I think I ought to pick it up because in my neighborhood it seems popular, and it is an obvious way to get me off my ass and out of the house. I am peeking at the link though.

-al said...

I looked at that website.
It was about running. I thought it was going to be about the Jamaican Bobsled Team.
I was Disappointed.

Unknown said...

Heather...I will totally run with you if you need someone to go with...although your roommates run yeah? Let me know when you go, I need to get my ass into shape so I fit into my wedding dress!