Friday, April 27, 2007

Clean smelling city

After I went to work and work part two, I walked home to a city that had a fresh smell and a clean glow. Three days of rain had washed away some of the city grimness that can cling to thins when the sun isn't out (and even when it is). I like the city after rain--it feels reborn, and then I feel reborn, like anything is possible, and I have only to act and who knows what the possibilities will be.

I actually accomplished something tonight. I sewed up some tears in my light winter jackets, and I thought about cleaning up my room. But I did nothing on the room cleaning front. It was just too hard to bear thinking about. This weekend will be crazy too. I want to wake up and run tomorrow. Then I have a shift at Pier one, then dinner with Holly and then Em's play. And then I work what is almost guaranteed to be a whole shift at Pier One, followed by some more running. But John comes back and brings Chris with him next week, and I get some real time off.

I am planning a co-ed wedding shower for a few weeks from now. The guests will be a bunch of rowdy UI theatre folks almost exclusively, so does anyone at all out there have ideas on fun themes or games or really anything to do? I have some ideas, but I am fishing to help me get serious on the planning end. Plus I am calling my sister, the wedding planner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This works best with even numbers,obviously. Pick a bunch of famous fairytale/movie/literary romantic couples. As everyone enters, they get a character name attached to their back. They have to find their "partner." This means that they first need to figure out their own character by getting other people to act it out.

Heather K said...

Brilliant! So that is definitely happening.