Sunday, April 15, 2007

First things First

I have already said this Sara, but I need it to be known to everyone who reads this that my intention was never, ever to hurt Sara Jo's feelings or to make fun of her. If that is what happened, I am sorry.

My tone was puzzlement because I know that Sara and I have a very small amount of overlap in our taste in movies (we both love cheesy romantic comedies--even the high school variety--and we both enjoy deep serious dramas with big start acting turns, after that not a lot is the same). But Sara knows we never like the same things, and I somehow mistook her prodding to come and hang out with my friends as prodding to come and see a movie I was not interested in (and quite frankly probably would've openly mocked in the theatre). If my tone did not come across the way I intended it to, that is something I need to work on as a writer.

Also, it needs to be pointed out that they were seeing the movie at a super discount little neighborhood movie house, and it was $3 a ticket. No one paid anything remotely near full price for this film. It also was probably the most interesting thing playing at the cheap movie house. The choices there can be anemic sometimes.

No comments: