Friday, April 13, 2007

Spring is starting to return

I must have scared the weather into submission with my angry rant. It is not ridiculously cold anymore, but it is pushing mildly cold at night. Whatever. It won't be that long until I am hiding from the weather inside my wonderful air conditioning, so perhaps it is best I just shut up.

Sara Jo called me today. She invited me to go to a movie with her and Angie. Normally I would totally go--I love those girls, I love movies, what could go wrong? However, this time there was no way I was paying money to see what they were seeing. I almost said it was a movie I 'might' rent, and then I caught myself and said, "No, there is no way I would even rent that movie." The truth is, I don't even think I would watch it if it were on TV. Maybe, just maybe, I would watch it if it was really the only thing on, also if the remote control was very far from me, and I was wrapped in a warm blanket on the couch in a cold house. Maybe then I would watch it.

The thing is, when I said that there was nothing at all about the movie that appealed to me, and I didn't know why she thought I would want to watch it, Sara seemed stunned. I think she really thought I would like it. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not the movie snob I once was. I am pretty open-minded, and I do love me some trash and some ridiculous in my movies, but it is a very particular brand of trash. Will Farrell as some odd profession tends to tickle me in the right place, and I am a sucker for romantic comedies, even when they are very, very bad (see "Because I Said So" or actually, don't, don't see it). So, I didn't mean it like my taste is soooo much better then hers or anything. I just didn't see what about this movie seemed like something I would want to see.

The movie? Wild Hogs. Yeah this movie. Do you think I would want to see it? Informal polling happening now in the comments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what? why would you want to see Wild Hogs? what human being wants to see that?

-chrissy

Heather K said...

Chrissy, Sara and Angie wanted to see it. They went and paid money to see it, and they both read this blog. To them I would like to say that Chrissy is really, really nice, and I love her, even if she frowns upon your taste in this instance and I kind of agree with her.

Robyn said...

Thats the type of movie my parents go see. In fact, they DID go see while they were here visiting and Joe and I went to see The 300. They liked it alot, even though 10 minutes later they couldn't remember anything about or who was in it. "It had that guy- you know that guy from that show"

Margaret said...

I laughed at the trailer, but I wouldn't pay $8 to see it. I think I saw all the funny in the trailer already.

Jim said...

I listen to the radio in the mornings and I remember the critic on Friday saying that it was better than he thought. For some reason, despite the premise, the stars, the title, etc. it was at least enjoyable. I'm with Margaret, though; I wouldn't pay to see it in the theatre. I'd just wait to enjoy it at home.

5ball said...

Wild Hogs isn't a movie I would necessarily pay to see, either.

But I see why someone would see it, and they aren't "less-than" for wanting to see it. The comment left that infers such is plain snobbish.

-Johnny B

Unknown said...

I have NO COMMENT...I'm glad a perfectly innocent invitation to a movie and a fun night out with friends has made me feel like an idiot with bad movie taste...(I guess I did have a commment)
I'll think twice before I invite you to a movie that I think you might like...Silly me...

Unknown said...

P.S. That comment wasn't meant to be in a "bitchy" tone, it just kind of hurts my feelings that you would write a blog basically making fun of me for inviting you to a fun movie.