Saturday, April 07, 2007

I am too old for this shit!

I am. I am too old to be going out drinking and drinking so much more then I ought that I make myself sick. Usually, I am a pretty self-aware drunk, and I know when I am approaching my limit, so I stop. Then there are the times when I go out with new people, and they can't believe I am as much of a cream puff as I am, so they keep buying me drinks, and I get drunk enough that I think still drinking is going to be fine, and then I wind up where I was last night--lying on the floor of my bathroom with my head in the toilet.

But I am a trooper, six hours later I was at work being nice to customers and selling shit. We did however have a wonderful time at all three bars we went to. Well, Delilah's was great fun. Ravens was too crowded, and the blues bar we ended up at (Kingston Mines) was awesome. It was a very fun evening out with friends. Well, barring the puking and Anna Schlegs encouraging a quite old and not so much with the cute man to flirt with me at Delilah's. Although in her defense she was really mocking him to get him to go away, and he somehow thought that was encouraging.

1 comment:

-al said...

yeah, i hear you on the too old for this shit.
i'm not 20 anymore.