Monday, April 23, 2007

Pretty on the street

Today at the bus stop on the way home, total strangers told me, "You're really pretty!" They were some late teenage girls and their boyfriends (?) in a car stopped at the light where the bus stop is, and they think I am pretty. It was a little strange, and very flattering (especially since it was t-shirt, jeans, and hardly any make-up day at work--although it was get bored while watching a movie and give yourself pin curls night the night before, so my hair was stellar). But it was a nice little cap on the day.

Other then that, nothing much interesting. I need to make myself bigger lunches for work though. I get way too hungry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude. try the following combination for a lunch. if you can swing for the organic stuff--so much the better!

tomatoes
baby carrots (sliced)
sprouts
spinach
cream cheese
roasted red pepper hummus

it's like--my favorite sandwhich ever. i usually put it to the whole grain/flaxseed bread? but it's so damn good--my own creation--though i'm sure others elsewhere have done a combination of it. anyhow i'm taking credit since i didn't read about it anywhere. if you like mushrooms putting it in there is also good.

Anonymous said...

i find that just that and a banana or grapefruit (insert some kind of fruit) and i'm stuffed full for lunch.

laurenj said...

dry roasted almonds and dried apricots make a nice snack either mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Also a big fan of soymilk and fruit. just make sure you get a little protein and fruit and you're good to go. Also, when I was working at a desk all day, i became a huge fan of sliced peppers to crunch on all day long while sitting there.

Heather K said...

ooooh, sliced peppers totally sounds like an idea I can get behind. Also, I imagine that they would be better for me then the dark chocolate M & M's now residing in my snack drawer.