Wednesday, May 30, 2007

How I met myself

or, how I discovered I am Barney from How I Met Your Mother. Well, kind of. I bought season 1 on DVD, and it is in fact "Legen--wait for it--Dary!" We have been watching a lot of it in the basement (that's what I am now calling my pad, the basement--its wehere we live), and we feel we are each one of the people. Renee is Ted--painfully so at times (see the episode called "The Duel"). Janna and her boyfriend Shane are totally Marshall and Lily, and I am Barney. Random, strange, probably overly caffeinated. I am not sure who is Robyn, but it might be my friend Anna Schlegel.

I am getting kind of really excited that I am going to see lots of my peoples this weekend. Also there will be a wedding (where I will be avoiding virgins and anyone who might be related to me somehow distantly by marriage--sorry Robyn and Sally). Plus next week there is Wicked.

Also, I almost made myself really, really sick this evening by forgetting to really eat all day. Whoops. Food made me feel better.

4 comments:

Jim said...

I was thinking abut How I Met Your Mother on my way back from the comic shop today. I believe I was stopped at a stoplight thinking about how I want everyone to like me and it led to the thought, er, title, "How I made everyone hate me and learned to love Jesus." And then I thought it was similar to How I Met Your Mother, the title I mean, then I thought "That was a good show." I used to watch it on Monday nights before Heroes came on.

There ya go! A trip inside my head.

Anonymous said...

But deflowering virgins has worked so well for you in the past. Why spoil a good thing?

Heather K said...

I think "worked so well for you in the past" may need to be rethought. Remember the part where way after deflowering him he showed up as the best man/older brother of the groom at my cousins wedding? Where is the part where that worked well for me.

Anonymous said...

See, I was just thinking of it as "opportunity to get laid." Future consequences bedamned. The one virgin I deflowered (a million years ago) wasn't worth all the later bother either.