Thursday, April 27, 2006

I got a new gig

I guess it is another gig. I will still be Pier One-ing it, but now I will baby sit a 27 month old and a 7 month old. I think it will be cool. The kids seem wonderful. The parents seem very nice, earnest types--a little high strung, but they are trusting me with their kids for like whole days at a time, so what do I really expect? Anyway, I hope this works out.

Ummm, so I have been thinking of turning some of my more rageful and or pathetic inner monologues (the ones that have been plaguing me lately since the boy left) into actual monologues of the outer variety that potentially could be a play or an audition piece or something (or just more healing then keeping them in). Anyway, I thought about posting them here for people to read, but that seemed too much, but I am interested in sharing them, so if you are interested in reading them either email me or friendster or my space message me and I will send them out as I get them done. Jimmers, you already expressed interest in my memoiry stuff, so I will for sure shoot them at you. Please feel free to comment on them, even if they are sort of raw experiences for me--just know I may not read the criticism right away, but I will want it for the future if I ever put these things to use.

That's all I got today. I talked to my mom last night, but only briefly because they had some sort of garage door opener emergency like it turned into a monster and was attacking the car or falling off the ceiling or something. Anyway, she had to get off the phone and help my dad. She might call me later tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now the thing would be...find ME a gig in chicago!

ooooo--you totally should. that would be fun. you could put all sorts of disturbing spins on things and have your parents come watch...yeah...that would be just the thing...

Jim said...

I am still game, Heather. Just know that my comments might be a little delayed as well with my sometimes just working and sleeping throughout the day.

"I gotta go dear; the garage door is eating your father." I'm sure she didn't say that, but that's what I picture in my head. :)

Margaret said...

I want to read also. So will Robyn. You could post them on the board, if you want.

Heather K said...

Jimmers, I sent the two pieces to your myspace hoo-ha. Margaret, I posted them in theatre, etc. on the board.