Saturday, April 08, 2006

More 5-year-old

We went to a big 'Rock and Roll' McDonald's today. Quite frankly it is amazing how happy a happy meal can actually make a kid, often much happier then real food. Then we went down to Millenium Park and saw the Bean and had Jamba Juice and ran around crown fountain which was minus the fountain part since it is turned off for the winter.

Jamba sidebar--my favorite kind is the one that tastes like orange julius more then regular smoothie, is that a copout or does it make me a wuss or neither? Does it just mean I don't really like fruit?

Then we went back to Patrick's and eventually the little one wanted to play an xbox game called "Lego Star Wars the Video Game" which was actually what he wanted to do all day (he even picked playing this game over going to a movie). Weird. Also kind of way boring.

Tomorrow I meet Patrick's older sister, hopefully. My work called me and left a message today about how they were going to change my work hours in a way that would eliminate my large break in the middle of the day (although would give me a whole extra hour of work for the week). However, this would mean I would miss the whole meeting of the sister. I was kind of pissed, but then I talked to a manager who seemed sympathetic to my plight and I heard nothing more, so I should be fine.

Also (and this is getting to be a way long post), the 5-year-old told me I could sleepover at Patrick's today. . .on the floor. Cameron (Mr. 5) would be sleeping in the full sized bed, Patrick would be sleeping on the couch, and I would get the floor (where as he--Cameron--said, I "would have way more room to roll around"). Anyway, I thought that was pretty funny, but somehow managed to resist that temptation and am spending tonight alone but in my own queen-sized, pillow-topped mattress/bed. Yeah, can you believe I chose that?

No comments: