Saturday, April 29, 2006

Great Friends

I love my Chicago girlfriends!!! They are awesome, and I should spend more time with them because my life is better when we are together. We went out to our favorite punk bar tonight and had a few beers and a ton of laughs. It ruled (even if my throat is now sore from the yelling you do in bars and smokiness).

Also, I am kind of amazed that they all read my blog. I guess a lot of people read this on a regular basis. The three of them, and then Robyn and Jim and Margaret all regularly comment, and Holly and Jenny read this too. Patrick used to read it and still might for all I know. I write in it with basically the assumption that no one really reads it, so it gets kind of confessional. Lots of the things I put in it used to go in my journal which now only really gets the stuff that I want to keep absolutely private. Blogging is weird. I just never dreamed that people find what I have to say interesting enough to read it on a regular basis. Plus, when I go for days without a comment I guess I jut assume no one is paying attention (although I read Jim and Margaret and Robyn and everyone else I know who has a blogs' blogs everyday--or chck them anyway--and I only rarely comment, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they/you don't comment all the time either). That's cool. I am flattered by that. Thanks guys.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Hey, thanks for sharing, Heather. As far as commenting goes, I like to think of it as a compliment to the person, "Hey, I cared enough to say something," but there just doesn't always seem to be something to say.

Heather K said...

Yeah, I know. I read others blogs and do't comment because I don't really always have something other then, I read this. So, I get that people may read and not say anything.

leenie said...

heather-


dude, i read yer blog. (not everyday, but every week-ish.) love hearing how things are for all you chicago peeps-- sorry it's been a rough spring. here's to a good summer ahead.
be well-
erin d.